Make Learning Personal, we need…
to empower each learner with the skills to be Future Ready,
to transform teaching and learning practice, and
to embrace and value each learner!
This puzzle logo with it’s multi-shades of blue represents that each learner is unique and multi-faceted in that they learn in different ways. We see the importance for each learner to understand how they learn so that they can develop agency with the skills, knowledge and dispositions to have choices in college, career and life.
- is valued, supported and embraced.
- understands how they learn.
- is unique and develops the skills to support their learning.
- advocates for their learning.
- works at their own pace in a competency-based system.
- follows their passions to discover their purpose.
- takes ownership to their learning.
- achieves agency.
- Empower each learner to be future ready with agency.
- Support the transformation of schools to build and sustain personalized learning environments.
- Create conversations and a community that supports personalized, learner-centered teaching.
- Share research, resources and best practices of personalized learning across the globe.
MLP Core Beliefs
- Every person on the planet is a learner!
- Personalized Learning starts with the learner!
- Personalized Learning and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) are the cornerstones to developing learner agency for every learner.
- Learners need to be promised agency as they enter the schoolhouse door.
- Every learner needs to use the UDL Lens for their Learner Profile to help them share their strengths and challenges in how they access information, engage with content and express what they know and understand along with their passions, interests and talents.
- Each educator needs to discover the learner in every child by using the UDL Lens of Access, Engage and Express(TM).
- When learners understand how they learn, they can begin to self-advocate and have voice and choice in their learning.
- Each learner needs to develop a Personal Learning Backpack of skills, tools and resources to support their own learning.
- Every learner needs to have a Personal Learning Plan to set goals and action steps, to measure their own progress and to reflect on their goals.
- Learners need to work at their own pace in a learner-centered, competency-based environment.
- Learning spaces need to be designed to support the diversity of learners in the classroom.
- Teachers are learners too so their professional learning needs to be personalized.
- Technology can level the playing field by removing the barriers to learning and by creating opportunities for learning.
- Personalized learning is based on relationships and a culture of trust and respect.
- Use the term “learners” to describe anyone instead of referring to them as “students” that comes from the traditional system.
- Schools need to create a culture and community of learners.
- Learning is personal so Make Learning Personal!
2 thoughts on “Make Learning Personal”
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.
Good site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find quality
writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you!